Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My First Post

I attempted to start this blog last summer.  I had just graduated with my Master of Arts in Early Childhood education, was on the prowl for a teaching job, was buying. collecting  and making things for a classroom I did not have yet, AND planning my wedding.  Guess you could say I was a little stressed then.  Fast forward 7 months later, and I have my dream job teaching 1st grade, my classroom came together with all that junk I bought, and I'm still planning my wedding for this May. 

It has been quite an endeavor becoming a teacher and learning the ropes while wedding planning.  I was super stressed in the beginning of the school year, worrying if I was doing it right or how to get everything done.  I came in early and left late everyday.  Well, I still don't do EVERYthing right all the time and I have come to learn, there will ALWAYS be something to get done and it is impossible to get it "all" done. I do still come in early and leave late, but not AS late.   I am grateful I started my career with a wonderful first grade team as well as a great bunch of 1st graders.  I always look forward to coming in each morning and seeing their smiling faces :)

I started blogging a few years ago with my blog Cara Lee Cupcakes & Cake.  I love to bake and it was a way for me to express my creative side with the world.  As I have become a teacher, I am just amazed at all the creative resources other teachers have made and shared out there.  Thanks to Teacher's Pay Teachers and Pinterest, I have found so many ideas that have helped shaped my own classroom and my teaching.  I've started creating my own teaching resources that I would like to share with fellow teachers too.

In the end, I created this blog to share my creative side with fellow teachers, bakers, people who are planning their wedding, and other crafty people. I'm excited to get started!!  ~Cara Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment