Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday Made It

Been so excited to post about my Ikea whiteboard easel makeover.  Last week I found  it at a thrift store for only $6!!  Plus I got 20% off I just remembered :)



It retails for $15 brand new (hey every buck counts right?!).   It had quite a bit of marker stains on the wood making it not so pretty. The white board was fine with some small scratches you could hardly see. On the back is a chalkboard as well which I won't really use.  I couldn't wait to get home and fix it up.  Here is my basic tutorial...



That's my husband in pic #3 fixing up my tape job... He's a perfectionist!

 
I love this color I found at Home Depot.  Matches my new classroom accent colors :)

Isn't it soooo cute?! This would be a cute idea not only in the classroom, but for families with kids. I could totally imagine this whiteboard in their room or playroom to match the decor and use as a creative outlet.  I personally cannot wait to put it right next to my rocking chair in my classroom.


Linking up with 4th Grade Frolics 'Monday Made It'.  Hope everyone has a wonderful week... In less than 24 hrs I will be headed to the airport with my husband and we finally will be going on our honeymoon.  Won't be posting much this week but will be checking in :) Happy Monday!! ~Cara Lee

22 comments:

  1. I have this same easel...you just inspired me to revamp it :) Looks great!

    Jess
    I {Heart} Recess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I'm so inspired by all you teachers out there I'm happy I can inspire others too :) Can't wait to see your revamped version ~Cara Lee

      Delete
  2. Inspired me for a revamp as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy I can help inspire others :) Hope you post your re-vamped board too!! ~Cara Lee

      Delete
  3. What an amazing make over! I have that same easel; well, OK, my daughter has that easel. It sits in my craft room, which is turquoise, black, and white. I'm thinking that I am going to have to spruce it up to match. Thanks for sharing this how to!!

    Aimee
    Primarily Speaking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aimee :) and you're welcome... just love to share ideas with others as I am constantly being inspired by others as well. Hope you post your spruced up board ;-) Also, thanks for stopping by! ~Cara Lee

      Delete
  4. So cute! Enjoy your trip! :) Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) and thanks for stopping by! ~Cara Lee

      Delete
  5. I just purchased this easel from Ikea and was thinking about doing this! You just inspired me to do this! :) Thank you!!

    Lindsay
    Just Keep Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could send inspiration your way!! have fun :) and thanks for stopping by! ~Cara

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you :) and thanks for stopping by!! ~Cara

      Delete
  7. I love the paint makeover and the zebra paper is a perfect pop. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! It's amazing how that simple paper lining adds that pop :)Thanks for stopping by ~Cara

      Delete
  8. OH WOW I love this!!! Makes me want to go get a wooden easel. We have a plastic one that I could totally redo, and ours has the chalkboard stuff all worn off of it so I could fix with with some chalk board paint! Hmmm...I think I just figured out my next project, thanks for the idea!

    Heidi
    Secondgradealicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad I could help inspire you :) BTW - the chalkboard paint company that makes the main brand, does make whiteboard paint. I have not tried that yet. Not sure if you would want to convert your chalkboard into a white board? Can't wait to see what you decide to do :) ~Cara

      Delete
  9. Cara Lee, TOO CUTE!! I'm definitely keeping my eyes out for a wooden easel now, no matter the color! Thanks for sharing!! :)

    Erin
    Little Miss Primary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Erin! I hope you find one and when you do please post it :) Thanks for stopping by! ~Cara

      Delete
  10. Love the makeover :) I just spray painted my pegboard that same color...I think I may go for an easel next!

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    Kristina
    Mrs. Z & Company

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) I love this color right now. I'm curious what you do with your pegboard in your classroom?? Thanks for stopping by. ~Cara

      Delete
  11. Oh my gosh that came out great! I have that one too and now I think it totally needs a make as well. You (and your husband) did such a great job.

    Heather
    room 4 imagination

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm jealous that you found that cute little easel! I love it and the color is fabulous!! New to your blog! ;)

    -Katie
    My blog: Building a House of Love

    ReplyDelete