Well, as I was saying in the beginning of this post, I do love shopping around for my classroom. I do my best to find good deals (as do most teachers out there). One place I LOVE to frequent is the thrift store. Goodwill is ok, but if you can find a store like Unique Thrift Store or Value Village, then you've hit a gold mine! I found at least 95% of my classroom library books at thrift stores as well as furnishings. This week I spent $9 on two purchases for my classroom this year:
Now wait til you see what I did with that ugly looking IKEA white board!! I'll be posting my little project for Monday Made It :)
In the meantime... one other place I often hit up for deals is Craigslist. I'm always weary, because you never know who's out there, but you can find some good thrifty deals. First, there is a list of yard sales. Last year I did a lot of yard saling, but did not find as much things as I thought I would. It's definitely hit or miss. I tend to find more luck with people posting adds. Here are two items I got on Craigslist last year:
That rocking chair glider is soooo comfy! I can't tell you how many teachers stop by to just sit in my chair some days haha. The bistro white board was great this year, but had some flaws. I love the amount of writing space, but it was not magnetic. It would drive me crazy if I needed to stick something to the board to display. I always had to have tape or sticky gum around. I did put a magnetic strip along the bottom, but it kept falling off all year. So I am excited about my new IKEA white board which is magnetic. Can't wait to post it's make over on Monday.
Hope you enjoyed my thrifty finds this week :) ~Cara Lee

Oh my goodness! I never thought about bringing my kid's glider to work with me once I'm done with it! I LOVE that glider and would LOVE to keep using it once we're done with it at home!!!
ReplyDelete:) Smiles - Lisa
Growing Firsties
Cara - I just tried to give you directions on how to make a clickable link to your blog, but it just made a clickable link...can you email me at growingfirsties@gmail.com and I'll send you the code? :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comments Lisa - my very first ones!! WooHoo!! Haha... that chair is amazing - now I know why mom's love it so much ;-) I'll email ya right now. ~Cara
DeleteYou were born to be a teacher! Love your energy and enthusiasm. And of course your creativity and initiative!
ReplyDeleteAw thanks Allie!! I'll blog about some non-teachery things here too ;-) Love ya ~Cara
Delete