Since my last post, a lot has happened. I survived my first year of teaching first grade. I had such a wonderful class who I was happy to see everyday. I also had a great first grade team to work with. I was able to learn the ropes and they were also open to some of my new ideas. Oh, and I cannot forget - my last name has changed (well not legally yet lol). I got married in May and it was one of the best days of my life! My students said that I am now a "grown up."
![]() |
| One of my favorite pics a friend of ours took at our wedding. |
I've rambled on quite a bit here! I guess I will get to my "Made it Monday" post. This little project was inspired by all the cute personalized bins and drawers I've seen on pinterest. Last year I made the project where you take the plastic tool drawers and write the different desk supplies for each drawer. I loved it and it kept my desktop nice and organized this year (see top right pic below).
| Pinterest inspired projects from last year. |
This mini-project I did tonight was super easy. I was at Homegoods today (LOVE that store) and found a clear acrylic desk organizer. I am in need of one of these because the mug on my desk this year was NOT cuttin' it. I had too many "things" in my mug and they were all jammed in there so when you would grab a pen or reach for the scissors, everything would come out with it.
Anyways... You can find these types of organizers at places like the Container Store or TJ Maxx if you don't have Homegoods. First I measured the height and width of the back of the organizer. Since this would show, I thought it would be a cute idea to make a name plate out of it for my desk. I'm a little more exccited than usual to make this project because it's the first time I get to use my *new* last name ;-) I have an animal print/jungle themed classroom so I picked an animal print. I decided on giraffe since I already have so many zebra print things. After I printed it and cut it out to size, I atached it with double sided tape. Just a little in each corner is all you need :)
It's simple and I can always change it if I see something cuter. I guess that is it for tonight as it will be Tuesday in about 2 more minutes lol. Until next time ~Cara Lee




Love your desk holder! I might have to make that this week!
ReplyDeleteHi There! Thanks for stopping by :) It's super easy to do and holds so much. Heading over to check out your blog now ~Cara Lee
Delete